Disorderly Conduct – Failure to Comply

Have you been charged with Disorderly Conduct, Failure to Comply?

Disorderly Conduct

Disorderly Conduct?

You need to know what to do when you have been charged with Disorderly Conduct

This charge is becoming more and more frequent. Because of social media, the traditional media at large, and the way that they have dramatized everything; they polarized society. There is a huge gap between what is right, and what is lawful. Don’t get me wrong, law enforcement officers have a tough job, but there is no reason for them to detain, arrest, and prosecute an individual who posed no danger to others. For them, I understand it is better safe than sorry, but before taking the fall for an alleged crime, wherein you were doing no wrong, you need to defend your reputation and your record.

The Law…

The statute under which a Mississippi officer or agent can arrest you is ยง97-35-7, Mississippi Code Annotated, 1972. The legislature frequently makes changes to this statute. You need an attorney to help you fight this. The reason why? This is a misdemeanor charge, and the local court will not be a court of record automatically. The judge will choose to apply the law as written. The judge will also likely side with law enforcement. Consider this, however: “individuals have a right to resist illegal arrest” Jones v. State, 798 So. 2d 1241, 1250 (Miss. 2001)

Fighting a Disorderly Conduct – Failure to Comply allegation

Remember, you have the constitutional right to contest your charge and confront the person who accused you. You can do this yourself. However, the best thing you can do is find someone who will fight for your rights. A skilled attorney.

The answer: talk to an attorney. Not just any attorney. Call us: Panter Law Firm, PLLC.

If you are curious about your area, call us. We have experience in many jurisdictions across the state of Mississippi.

Article by Richard Poole Noel, III

Panter Law Firm, PLLC at 601-607-3156

Panter Law Firm, PLLC, 7736 Old Canton Road, Suite B, Madison, MS 39110