Have you been charged with a crime?

Have you been charged with a crime?

Section 1983 and malicious prosecution crime

Criminal Accusations?

Have you been charged with a crime? Consult an attorney.

False Impressions and Allegations

Many people have seen movies or TV shows dramatizing a criminal trial. In fact, many people may remember televised trials, such as the O.J. Simpson case.

These dramatizations, televised trials, and news clips are merely a glimpse at the complexity and intricacies of a criminal case.

And, of course, the underlying allegations in any case may also be misleading and confusing to the accused.

Your Rights

“You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can be used against you in court. You have the right to talk to a lawyer for advice before we ask you any questions. You have the right to have a lawyer with you during questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be appointed for you before any questioning if you wish. If you decide to answer questions now without a lawyer present, you have the right to stop answering at any time.”

United States v. Plugh, 648 F.3d 118, 127 (2d Cir.2011)

These are Miranda rights.

The Trial Procedure

In Mississippi,Circuit Courts preside over Felonies. Although a municipality (city), Justice Court, or County Court may initially have jurisdiction over a preliminary hearing (for example, to establish legal custody; set bond) the Circuit Court will have jurisdiction over the sentencing.

For traffic violations and misdemeanors, a Municipality or Justice Court will have jurisdiction over the entire process. You have the right to appeal if you A) don’t take a plea, and B) lose at trial.

Hire an attorney

Whether you have been charged with a felony, misdemeanor, or traffic violation, your odds of getting the best outcome depends on hiring a lawyer. One who has experience in handling these matters.

If you have any questions, call us to see if we can be of any assistance to you or someone you know.

Richard Poole Noel, III

Panter Law Firm, PLLC, 7736 Old Canton Road, Suite B, Madison, MS 39110,